On a hot, sunny day in South Park Township, a team of roboticists from Philadelphia anxiously wait outside of the Safety Research Coal Mine at the Bruceton Research Center. Team Pluto has a four-legged robot inside, and it's looking for objects in the simulated mine disaster scenario. No team members are allowed inside, so it's counting on the robot to deliver the news.
- Allegheny County’s Fraud Fighting Tactics ‘Reek of Corruption,’ DA Candidate Says
- Cleanup Continues Days After Downburst Hits Lawrenceville, Millvale
- It’s Coming: Pittsburgh’s Bike Plan Readies For A 2020 Debut
- After 33 Years, Arts Group Bids Farewell To The Strip
- Trump's Pittsburgh Visit Blurs Ethical Boundaries, Critics Say
From Saw Mill Run to Nelson Run to Glass Run, there are about 80 roads in Allegheny County that include the word “run” in their names. No one sprints down these streets, but the word is ubiquitous in the region.
- Homewood Bound: It's Hard To Find A Place To Live After Returning From Incarceration
- Homewood Bound: How Some In The Neighborhood Put Their Lives Back Together After Time Behind Bars
- Homewood Bound: After Drug War Ravaged A Community, Some Who Went To Prison See Chance To Rebuild
- Homewood Bound: How A Neighborhood Was Transformed By Disinvestment And The War On Drugs